Friday, October 11, 2019

BILL CEMETERY
LEDYARD CONNECTICUT

Just down the road from the Gurdon Bill Store/Waystation, this stone wall called out to me. I could see, with some little difficulty, a monument at the top.


 What a pretty place.


 Some pretty impressive stonework. Looks like white granite! Maybe I'd better do some checking into this unusual stone; I had no idea there was any around this area. Pink, gray, and tan, sure. I've never seen an outcropping of white. I doubt they trucked this much in.


 Beautiful workmanship. Somebody really knew their stuff.


 Walking up the hill, I noticed that the grass was relegated to the sunnier left side of the hill, while spiderwort 'moss' covered the right side. But what made those regular rectangles? Mower wheels, of course.

 Ah, so it's a small cemetery. I allus spelled it 'cemetary.' My spellcheck says otherwise. I've been writing since I was nine; you'd think I'd know by now.


 Why, it's Gurdon Bill! And his wife and family, too.


 Yeah, I think I could stand to look at this view through eternity, too. Good choice, Mister Bill.


Sleeping peacefully, and together.

No comments:

Post a Comment