Monday, April 22, 2013


GLAZED BRICK HOME

CAMDEN, ARKANSAS

 
To paraphrase Jeff Lynne, I ain't never seen nothin' like this.

The house is made from a blindingly white glazed brick and seems to have Mission and Arts and Crafts elements to it; I tentatively date it to 1925 through 1933. It was unoccupied and for sale when I last saw it in 2012, and I immediately fell in love with it. That doesn't happen often. Its sits on a little hill, is in immaculate condition, and seems very proud. There are many nice old homes in this southern Arkansas burg, but this one takes the wedding cake. It looks like one to me. So there.

It also has a sweet little garage that can only fit compacts, but who'd want to wrestle with those doors anyway? I'd turn it into a music studio...

No comments:

Post a Comment