Sunday, February 17, 2013


BAPTIST CHURCH SCHOOL DOOHICKEY

OSCEOLA, ARKANSAS

 

This piece of unidentifiable ironmongery hangs next to a window on the 1940s school addition of the 1915 First Baptist Church in Osceola, Arkansas. I spent a day crawling all over the church and its attached school buildings to determine just what it will take to restore it, and this thing made me arch my eyebrows. There are three separate clips with moveable gates similar to a climbing carabiner or 'd-ring,' but for the life of me (and I hope it doesn't come to that) I cant figure out what the thing is for.

Anyone know?

                                                                Baptist Church Sanctuary

                      Doohickey to the right of the third ground floor window from the left

No comments:

Post a Comment